SALISBURY — A person from Greenville, South Carolina, was arrested Thursday after trying to buy a canine with stolen bank card data and a pretend ID, the Rowan County Sheriff’s Workplace mentioned.
Marcus Quinn Virgil, 33, was charged with felony acquiring property by false pretenses and easy possession of a schedule six managed substance.
Charlotte Canine Membership, a breeder primarily based in Cleveland, reported ongoing fraud circumstances involving individuals trying to buy canines with stolen bank card data. In 4 circumstances, the identical telephone quantity was used, however the purchaser all the time gave a unique identify.
This week, that purchaser submitted a cost that was not flagged. On Thursday, a automobile arrived on the enterprise with a passenger and driver, however Rowan County Sheriff deputies have been ready. The customer signed papers for the transaction and deputies blocked the automobile from leaving and approached the Dodge truck.
The Rowan Sheriff’s Workplace mentioned Virgil admitted he had used a pretend ID for the transaction with the identify Brian Stephens. Detectives smelled marijuana within the automobile and located a bag containing 9 grams of the drug close to Virgil, the Sheriff’s Workplace mentioned.
He was arrested and transported to the Rowan County Detention Heart and positioned underneath a $6,500 bond.
In different crime studies:
• Timothy James Copley, 43, was charged with felony possession of a schedule one managed substance with intent to fabricate, promote or ship on Thursday.
• Patriot Towing was a sufferer of larceny between Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Eight catalytic converters have been minimize out of eight junked automobiles and a truck.
• There was a report of vandalism on the intersection of Kenly and Clay streets on Thursday.
• A theft was reported on the 100 block of Sarah Ellen Lane on Wednesday.
• There was a report of fraud on the 1300 block of West Innes Avenue on Thursday.
• There was a report of hit-and-run leading to property harm on the 200 block of West Thomas Avenue on Thursday.
• There was a report of larceny on the 200 block of North Lengthy Avenue on Thursday.
• There was a report of larceny from a motorcar on the five hundred block of Craige Avenue on Thursday.
• There was a report of larceny on the 900 block of South Caldwell Avenue on Thursday.
• There was a report of fraud by impersonation on the 900 block of Holmes Avenue on Thursday.
• There have been two studies of larceny at Walmart on Thursday.
• A drug overdose was reported at Sides Highway in Rockwell on Friday.
• An assault was reported on the 100 block of Phaniels Church Highway in Rockwell on Thursday.
• Larceny of a firearm on the 1000 block of Ashford Highway was reported on Thursday.
• A drug overdose was reported on the 1200 block of Camp Highway on Thursday.
• Little one abuse was reported on the 200 block of W.D. Avenue on Thursday.