Listed here are 5 important ideas he gave us:
1. On the Golden Rule of Funding: “First, spend money on your profession and your self. Particularly should you’re a creating artist. What you generate must be reinvested in your self and your profession. Investments and funding portfolios should not what is going to make you wealthy sooner or later. What is going to make you wealthy is your profession and your work.”
2. On the Finest Funding He Ever Made: “I don’t assume the very best funding is critical a trigger or motion that provides you a return; the very best funding is in your self. And my finest funding is my research, my grasp’s at Georgetown. The expertise that gave me, the doorways it opened, that allowed me to enter the world of banking in the US. My finest funding was exactly investing in my profession.
3. On the significance of getting a enterprise supervisor: “A enterprise supervisor is knowledgeable Firm that actually advises artists and creators by way of enterprise, tips on how to deal with their funds, their operations and their taxes. As a banker, it’s simpler to work when there’s a enterprise supervisor concerned.”
4. Perceive The place Your Cash Is Going: “One of many greatest errors I see is individuals investing based mostly on a promised return somewhat than understanding what they’re investing in. Many individuals and entities will give you heaven and earth, however on the finish of the day, that’s not what you get. So, get educated in your funding. Don’t make investments along with your coronary heart.”
5. Construct a Good Staff: “By ‘crew’ I imply, artists ought to have an accountant who understands U.S. tax legislation and an legal professional who understands the leisure trade in the US, but additionally understands the bi-national or worldwide enviornment, which is vital for artists who’re transferring between nations. When you may have accountants, enterprise managers, attorneys in place, then we will sit collectively and engineer options.”
Take heed to Billboard Latin Hitmaker on all podcast platforms, and beneath.