In case you’ve ever had a cleansing job that was nearly unattainable you’ll have turned to Mr. Clear Magic Erasers. This may blow your thoughts however Mr. Clear Magic Erasers and generic melamine foam don’t have a chemical cleaner or cleaning soap inside them, it’s actually simply an abrasive foam that makes them work. Until in fact, you get the type that particularly comes with cleaning soap in it.
In response to www.sinoyqx.com and Wikipedia, melamine foam (and by extension, Magic Erasers) are merely a foam-like materials fabricated from a formaldehyde–melamine–sodium bisulfite copolymer. That is fancy science speak for a porous tough materials.
Its widespread makes use of are as insulation for pipes and ductwork and even soundproofing materials.
Apparently, individuals have solely lately found its effectiveness as a cleansing system:
“Not too long ago, a novel utility for such melamine foams within the space of exhausting floor cleansing has been found. Certainly, cleansing implements of minimize or molded items of melamine foam have change into fashionable to take away soils and/or stains from exhausting surfaces”-Google Patents
So all this implies large financial savings in the event you purchase generic melamine foam. It may be discovered in every single place, even on Amazon!
Magic Erasers are generally listed at $1.97 for a 2-pack on walmart.com, however by comparability, generic melamine foam (THE SAME THING) may be discovered on a number of websites as low cost as $5 for 100!
Cash-Saving Ideas and Cleansing Tips from Reddit:
- Be sure you learn opinions and get a top quality model. A number of the generics are poorly made however many are comparable.
- Magic erasers are VERY abrasive. Don’t use them on one thing that simply scratches like wooden or pores and skin.
- They work nice for cleansing footwear, partitions, cleaning soap scum, and so on.
- Put on gloves. They’ll sand away the pores and skin round your nails and trigger splits, once more they don’t seem to be for pores and skin!
- Melamine sponges have a Mohs hardness of 4. Common glass has a Mohs hardness of 5.5, and tempered glass may be even tougher. Toilet tile has a ordinary hardness round 7, going as much as round 9. So it’s protected to wash these surfaces however be very cautious with something softer.
“(The Mohs Hardness Check) compares the resistance of a mineral to being scratched by ten reference minerals referred to as the Mohs Hardness Scale”-Geology.com